Roman is the Managing Partner of ASB Consulting Group and Head of the Subscriptions and Tax Practice. He specialises in tax issues, resolving corporate conflicts, creating and structuring businesses both in Russia and abroad.
Roman has helped numerous clients resolve disputes with tax authorities, shape corporate business structures and close complex transactions while maintaining the integrity of the client’s business. He has also participated in developing industry-specific laws relating to taxation and venture capital investments. He is fluent in Russian and English.
- advising a medicine development company receiving legal services on a subscription basis for ten years: we created the entire document base for the company, supported all its corporate procedures, represented the client in negotiations and relations with various authorities and institutions
- advising a major global NFT marketplace company on structuring its business in Russia and elsewhere
- advising a Russian video recording technology developer on its sale to Chinese giant Huawei, including pre-sale due diligence (legal, financial and tax) and an option scheme
- advising the major Runet Telegram-channel on its sale for RUB 50 m
- advising a printing company on invalidation of a tax authority decision claiming additional property tax and VAT totalling RUB 500 m
- advising a coal mining company on a tax audit of its business and successful VAT refund of over RUB 100 m